Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Step At A Time

A step at a time. Good, sound advice. Trouble is, I like fast results, rapid decisions, quick reso-lutions. So taking things one step at a time is something that I have had to come to terms with, something which I have had to learn to do. It certainly is not easy let me tell you, but I am getting there.

Sometimes taking things slow yields wonderful results, at other times quite the opposite. I suppose the lesson to be learnt is to experience the journey. What I do know is that good things seldom come easy. We need to work for it, put in the effort, demonstrate how much we desire it, have the tenacity to stay the course. And dare I say it considering it is not one of my better virtues, one ought to be patient too for the desired outcome to eventuate. My good friends would say, 'yeah right, he knows this in principle, let's see him put it into practice'. Trying, I am.

So, I am learning to enjoy the journey and not focus too much on the outcome. Of course, we all want the best possible outcome. I visualise it, and I hope to actualise it, but in the meantime, all I want to do is to enjoy the process. Wish me luck!


Photo shot in Antalya, Turkey. Having a drink after a tan and swim in the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment