Thursday, November 15, 2012

Tea At Twinings

I was first introduced to Id by my friend Eileen. That was a few years back. Since then we have become good Facebook friends and we make it a point to meet up whenever I am in Bangkok. We chat about our lives, what we've been up to; basically a 'live' update on what we've been following on Facebook.

This visit, Id suggested we meet at the recently opened Twinings Of London Tea Shop at CentralWorld. A very English afternoon tea was the order of the day and I am always appreciative of Id taking the time to catch up and ensuring that I get to experience the latest openings in the City of Angels as he would put it. The pride he has in his home city is infectious, and in a way elevates the experience of one's visit.

I've also snagged an invite to tea at Id's new digs the next time I'm in Bangkok. I had noticed his Facebook postings about new lodgings, interior decoration and the like, and had brought with me a home decor book as a gift. There is much satisfaction in gift-giving when it is well-received. Thanks again Id for the great catch up!


Photo courtesy of Id Nukulkarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment