Friday, November 2, 2012

Stroll On The Beach

A stroll on the beach definitely helps soothe the senses. I was in Penang for two days, mainly for a meeting with the events team at Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa but fortunately also found some time for some solitude. Being away in a resort setting, alone, allows me to not only to chill for a bit but also provides me with the opportunity to get quite a lot of work done without the distractions of the office.

I am pretty good at balancing work and downtime when on such short business trips. The quiet puts me in a good frame of mind to put together business proposals and to churn out original ideas. I also make it a point to spend time by the pool and take a contemplative walk on the beach. Work and play, a great combination indeed.

Such trips also give me the chance to meet with clients on a personal basis. Whilst email does wonders, it is never quite the same as meeting face to face and sharing ideas that hopefully will lead to an even better business relationship. The personal touch so to speak.


The beach at Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa in Penang, Malaysia.


No comments:

Post a Comment