Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dad's 3rd Anniversary

Today mark's the 3rd anniversa-ry of my dad's passing. How time flies. It doesn't seem that long ago that dad got sick and succumbed to the side effects of treatment a few months later.
 
This photo was taken on our last holiday together. We made a trip to Phnom Penh to have a look-see and to visit my friends Eileen and Richard. And here we are having a drink at Raffles Hotel Le Royal.
 
I always have a chuckle when I think of what dad would have said whenever I find myself in amusing situations. My family and relatives remember his compassion and patience. I unfortunately have not inherited nor nurtured the patience he possessed. Maybe in time. Every now and then, dad appears in my dreams and gives me some instructions, which I then relate to my family. Well, think I better go clean those pipes of his ..........
 
 
Mum, Dad and I at Raffles Hotel Le Royal in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

2 comments:

  1. Kris your Dad is resting in the peace he richly deserves and may he rest in the peace of the Lord. IT is nice to note that you keep your dad in your heart, where he belongs, & having a small laugh with yourself remembering what your dad would say in funny situations. God bless. Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way it should be. Each memory is to put a smile on our faces. It never stops.

    ReplyDelete