Sunday, January 27, 2013

Doing Something Well

I always believe that if one takes on a task or project, one ought to do it well. At the end of last year, That Special Occasion took in an intern for a three-month stint. It is our second time taking on the role of a mentor of sorts and my team and I take the responsibility seriously.

Those who are familiar with my working style would translate that to mean some stress and pressure for the intern. I would admit that it is not a walk in the park. And it shouldn't be. When one comes to learn, then one should be willing to go the extra mile. In the short period of time with us, my team and I try to impart as much knowledge as possible to the intern, and if that means a bit of stress, well so be it.
 
I keep reminding Huei Woon that she should aspire to be the best intern among her peers, and to be the one who obtains the best internship experience. So we give her as much variety of work as we can, and we sometimes even throw her into the deep end with impromptu projects and skill-tests. She will thank us for the stress come the end of her tenure with us.
 
 
Huei Woon designing a top for my colleague, Auntie Linda at That Special Occasion, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment