Friday, April 5, 2013

Giving Thanks

I am one who believes that when one gives thanks and is truly grateful for the good in one's life, then more good will come of it. I appreciate the life I have as there are others who are less fortunate. Similarly, there are those who are much better off, and making comparisons serve no purpose really. To be contented is key. This is not to say that we should not aspire to do better. We should. What we shouldn't do is to compare and be envious.
 
I am fortunate in many ways. Sure there are areas of my life that are lacking but for the most part, I am pretty lucky. I am grateful for the good. I persevere and continue working to improve the areas that need betterment. An optimist I am.
 
A friend of mine posted this on Facebook a few days ago ... 'to win in a race is to get yourself ready in tip-top condition and confidence; to not worry about or criticise others who challenge you' ... how very apt. To concentrate on one's own path, charting one's own destiny. Thank you for these wise words my friend.
 
 
Photo of a temple in Krabi, Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment