Friday, December 13, 2013

A Good Thing

A friend of mine, the better half of a good friend, com-mented during dinner this evening, 'it's a good thing'. He was referring to my seemingly improving - albeit slowly improving - patience and tolerance.
 
These have never been my better traits. Those in my inner circle will attest to this. They are also the same people who accept me as I am but who nevertheless also try to educate me in the finer points of being patient, to go with the flow, to acknowledge the cons but to always embrace the pros. I am slowly getting there. It takes effort. Hopefully the results will be worth it.
 
So this evening's nudging by my friend, someone who is more objective than  most, is another step in the right direction. An enlightening chat over dinner it was.
 
 
Saying a prayer at Lake Bratan in Bedugul, Bali, Indonesia. Photo courtesy of Thoo Yeong Ken.

No comments:

Post a Comment