Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas 2013

As always, Christmas is a time to appreciate the loved ones in our lives. Celebrating the festive occasion with extended family and friends is a way of renewing and strengthening the bonds that exist. However, this Christmas has also brought me new lessons in life, in particular the necessity of patience and sacrifice for the better good.
 
Instant gratification is what I am used to. Decisive by nature, I seek resolutions and take swift action when the need arises. I always focus on the outcome, and a quick one at that. Of late, I have come to the realisation that some things cannot be rushed and whilst contrary to my nature, I am taking a back seat. I will do what I think is necessary, but shall let the future unfold. As a good friend told me, que sera sera.
 
So this Christmas, I am thankful for the kind thoughts of my family and friends, appreciative of the words of wisdom that have been shared, grateful for the company of my closest friends. May the spirit of Christmas - peace, love and joy - be yours throughout the year ahead and much, much more.
 
 
Christmas decorations in Bali, Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment