Sunday, December 8, 2013

Getting Along

I've always main-tained that I get along better with some and not so with others. The 'I can't please everyone' mentality is one that I carry with me. Case in point, my cousins. I get along with most, but with varying degrees of comfort.
 
Realistically, those who happen to be around my age, whom I spent most time with during childhood, and with whom I have remained close are the ones I consider my inner circle within the extended family so to speak. Like any relationship, it takes effort to nurture.
 
Going on family trips is an opportunity to develop such relationships. In close proximity, having to jointly deal with some stressful situations every now and then, the chance for more in-depth conversations, all these lead to the possibility of expanding the inner circle. Now, whether such expansion eventuates will very much depend on the effort made in the future.
 
 
With some of my cousins at Tegalalang in Bali, Indonesia. Photo courtesy of Thoo Yeong Ken.

No comments:

Post a Comment