Sunday, July 4, 2010

Travel

Travel is such a luxury. I don't mean staying at high end hotels and eating at posh restaurants. The ability to take time off work and go on a trip is luxury enough in itself. As cliched as it may sound, travel really broadens one's horizon.

I am fortunate to have travelled a fair bit since a young age and the travel bug has not abated. There are still many corners of the world to visit, and still much, much more to experience.

My mum is a great ally when it comes to holidays. She is the perfect person to leave all the research to when we plan family trips. She's already working on one for the end of the year. My cousin Lynette has also invited me on a trip to mark a milestone next year. A milestone for her, an enlightening sojourn for me. Time to save up!


Photo of mum with our trusted Lonely Planet guide at the Silver Pagoda in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

No comments:

Post a Comment