Saturday, July 3, 2010

Que Sera Sera

A good friend of mine was working on a project on my behalf for the better part of half a year. It was a very nice gesture as there are moments every now and then when I feel relatively jaded and uninspired to pursue some of my aspirations. We all face challenges in life, some obstacles larger than others, some mountains seemingly too high to climb. Nevertheless, it's wonderful to have friends who are willing to lend a hand, no matter how arduous the task at hand may be.

I have come to realise that sometimes, certain challenges are best left to work themselves out. We may have tried too hard, or perhaps we may not have tried hard enough. Maybe the timing wasn't right. There are a host of reasons that can wear us down if we analyse it too much. My friend thinks that the project was a dismal failure. I think not. I appreciate the effort and enthusiasm.

So I shall say this ... que sera sera, whatever will be, will be. And when all else fails, we rely on faith and hope. That I think I still have in abundance.


Photo of me at Cafe Mesale in Istanbul, Turkey.

1 comment:

  1. So sweeeeet :) :) :)

    But yea.... ever the optimistic needs a dose of optimism herself, so you see.

    ReplyDelete