Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lucky

I am always on the lookout for experiences that make one realise how lucky one is. I'd like to think that I live a pretty good life. Of course there are those who are better off. Similarly, there are those who are worse off. I make it a point to count my blessings. Nevertheless, I am human after all and every once in a while, I find myself wanting more.

There are voids in my life that I would like to fill and some things are best left to work themselves out. It is during these times of self doubt that I look back on all the wonderful experiences that I have encountered in life. Some of which were orchestrated, others which I chanced upon.

This beautiful setting overlooking the Bosphorus in Turkey welcomed me after a long walk up a rather steep hill in Anadolu Kavagi. I had contemplated whether to trek or not but decided to do so, despite objections from my tired legs. I'd say the effort was worth it.


Photo shot at Anadolu Kavagi, near Istanbul in Turkey.

1 comment: