Friday, October 15, 2010

Dressing The Part

I think it is important to dress the part when one is invited to a wedding. The couple would have spent much time deciding on a theme, spent much funds creating an appropriate ambience to reflect the chosen theme, spent considerable fuss over their bridal party's attire to ensure that they too complement the setting. In short, most couples want a perfect wedding, and as a reminder of this milestone in their lives, perfect photos as well.

Which is why, we as guests should dress the part too. I do not mean having to splurge on attire. What I do mean is making an effort to look as best as one can be, in the spirit of the wedding one is attending.

I always feel privileged to be invited and if I make it a point to attend, then I embrace the role of a good guest wholeheartedly, and that means appreciating the good, ignoring the not so good, be willing to go the extra mile for the couple if requested to do so. Only then do we really become part of the wedding. And as for the dressing part ... well, a little vanity goes a long way!


Photo of me shot by Eileen at Leticia's and Tjun Hong's wedding in Bali, Indonesia.

2 comments: