Saturday, October 16, 2010

Whatever

When travelling in a group, I try to adopt the 'whatever' attitude. Too many cooks spoil the broth as they say and as such, if I am not responsible for the itinerary, I normally just go with the flow.

Lately, for the past 2 years to be exact, I've taken a liking to travelling with Tjun Hong, Leticia, Debra, Richard and Eileen, good friends of mine who happen to be in the same industry in which I work. We share similar interests, a wicked sense of humour, good taste; we all love to spa, though Eileen would need some cajoling to join the rest of us.

I've done Bali with all of them, twice. I've done Phnom Penh with Eileen and Richard too. I look forward to more sojourns. No firm plans as yet ... after all, Leticia's and Tjun Hong's wedding celebrations ain't over yet, there's still the big party in KL on 23 October. A possibility would be June next year for the Bali Triathlon. No, I am not competing, but Eileen may be, and we'll be there to cheer her on ... an excuse for the rest of us to go eat, go spa and go shop, in the guise of being supportive friends!


Photo of Tjun Hong, Leticia, Eileen, Richard and I at Ibu Oka in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.

2 comments:

  1. June 2011 - Bali Here We Come!!!

    Why don't you train for the swimming part of the race???? I'll do the bike and run!!
    C'mon Kris!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should do the entire race on your own. Perhaps we can round up others to do it as WM relay i.e. I swim, another bike and another run. Wishful thinking cos I don't think I want to train that hard!

    ReplyDelete