Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Work Hard, Play Hard

By most accounts I work pretty hard. In fact, some would say that I am a workaholic. That's true to a certain extent. One tends to work longer hours when one is self-employed. I've learnt one very important lesson the past few years and that is to reward oneself when it is deserving.

Work hard, play hard. The latter for the most part would mean travel, sometimes a meal in a good restaurant, often retail therapy, from time to time a massage or reflexology. What is life without little pleasures along the way? Some would liken it to 'stop and smell the roses'.

I caught 'Eat, Pray, Love' the other night. How nice would it be to be able to take a year off work. I guess it is important to be contented with one's lot. I should not have much to complain. Having said that, human nature would have us want more, to fill the missing pieces so to speak. I came across this quote in a travel magazine ... 'He who seeks does not find, but he who does not seek will be found' - Franz Kafka, born in Prague.


Photo of me, Leticia, Debra, Tze Han, Tjun Hong, Richard and Eileen in Bali, Indonesia.

1 comment: