Thursday, March 17, 2011

Good Food In Hatyai

You know the food is good when every dish is wiped clean at every meal. That was the case during our company trip to Hatyai recently. Good food always makes a trip more enjoyable. Good food with good company I might add.

I have been going to Hatyai since I was about 7. My late father worked for Bangkok Bank all his life and we often visited Thailand, be it Hatyai, Bangkok or Chiangmai. I've in the past year or two added Phuket and Koh Samui to the list. Going back to Hatyai, since we are almost always creatures of habit, I like to go back to the same restaurants that I have so enjoyed dining at over the years. I rely on my mum who keeps a stack of business cards which come in handy when giving directions to tuk-tuk drivers. And we are never disappointed when we get to these restaurants.

This time round, we averaged 8 to 10 dishes during every lunch and dinner. Add that to breakfast, afternoon tea and supper, plus snacks from roadside vendors in between, well, you do the math in terms of calories! But that's what holidays are about ain't it? Makan!


Photo shot at Kaneng Restaurant in Hatyai, Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment