Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Love Carnival In Penang

I was in Penang over the weekend to participate in the Love Carnival held at Chymes. I had great fun catching up with industry friends such as Suan Bee, C Hun and Beatrice of Touching Hearts, Jason of Floralsense Creation, Alishia of One Tree, Ke Wynn of Whizarts, Sharon and Kee Sitt of Wedding Story and Ween Nee of Love-A-Cupcake. Other than meeting potential clients, including Angelina and Albert, we also let our hair down with photos and props from Ke Wynn's latest venture Say Cheese!, as evident in the photo here.

I also found time to meet up with my friend Elisa of Hard Rock Hotel Penang as well as Suleiman of Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa over a drink and lunch respectively. It's always nice to catch up on the latest - professionally and personally - and I appreciate them making the time to meet. Whenever in Penang, Suan Bee and C Hun always make it a point to take me for a taste of Hokkien Mee or as it is known in KL, Prawn Mee. We have now decided that one of my quests would be to try all the best Hokkien Mee in Penang. I have done four so far - Lorong Bangkok, opposite the police station on Burmah Road, in Island Glades (can't remember name of coffee shop) and Super Hokkien Mee (again my sense of direction fails me as to where this place is) - and there are apparently quite a number more to conquer.

This trip, I found more time for social gatherings. Suan Bee, C Hun and I also had dinner with Mong Ling and Hai Liang, friends and clients of ours, at Nyonya Breeze on Abu Siti Lane which was fab. Even more fab was a visit to Yeng Keng Hotel, a boutique hotel fashioned from a beautifully refurbished colonial building on Chulia Street. Drinks at the courtyard was very much enjoyable and I guess we gave the waiter quite a headache by demanding he capture us in a perfectly composed photo. Last but certainly not least, I never fail to meet up with my friends Ken Lin and Sally when visiting Penang, even if it is only for a quick supper at Gurney Drive. I have Lin Chee Kang from the same stall every time. Creature of habit I am. Thanks Penang for the good time, every time!


Photo of Love Carnival participants.

3 comments:

  1. Kris, the Island Glades coffee shop is called Genting. The Super Hokkien Mee is in the coffee shop behind Penang Plaza and Royal Hotel.

    We are looking forward to your Hokkien Mee quest soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will arrange an itinerary for you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete