Saturday, March 10, 2012

Breather

I was having a truly busy day, back to back appointments at That Special Occasion, reviewing layouts for Journeys For Two 2012, discussing write-ups for The Hiplist 2012. Add to that scouring for fabrics on Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman and a hectic day it certainly was.

Fortunately, I am one who knows how to steal a bit of time to recoup. You see, we were to be having a birthday cum farewell dinner later in the evening for one of my part-time team members, Kar Yik, who is relocating to Hong Kong for work. Another colleague of mine had ordered a cake and had entrusted me to pick it up on the way back to the office from fabric shopping. So to Bisou at Bangsar Village I headed. And whilst there, I thought it would be nice to order a heartwarming, hot soya, enjoy a cupcake, and take a half hour breather.

That's one of the priveleges I enjoy being my own boss. Take time out when my schedule permits, the little pleasures in my sometimes rather stressful work life. Sure, I often complain but when I have some peace and quiet to reflect, I wouldn't have it any other way. I like being my own boss. At the end of the day, I think the pros always outweigh the cons.


Indulging in a cupcake at Bisou, Bangsar Village, Kuala Lumpur.

No comments:

Post a Comment