Monday, March 26, 2012

The Past

A friend remarked after watching The Vow that how nice would it be to be able to lose all memory of the unpleasant moments in life. Perhaps it was in reaction to the emotional scenes towards the end of the movie. Nevertheless, our past, whether good or bad, make us who we are today.

We all have our fair share of ups and downs. I enjoy, appreciate and am grateful for the highs. I try to learn from the lows and accept them as part and parcel of the rollercoaster of living a full life. Sometimes the bad are fated, at other times they are a consequence of the decisions we take. The same can be said of the good. Whichever the situation may be at one point or another, these experiences shape and mould our lives. They teach us to love, to be compassionate, to be patient, to grieve, to be grateful, to be remorseful, to take chances, to accept the resultant outcomes of our choices, to put our best foot forward. They teach us to live.

I for one do not dwell on the past. I appreciate it, I learn from it. But I always look toward the future and the promise it holds.


Poster of The Vow.

No comments:

Post a Comment