Sunday, March 18, 2012

Giving It A Go

I seldom do things half-heartedly. Be it taking on a new project at work, friendships, a relationship, food, travel, learning a new skill, I give it a good go once I have committed to a cause. I subscribe to 'doing it well or not doing it at all'.

Because I set myself such lofty standards, I either succeed well or fail miserably. Both outcomes I have experienced on numerous occasions, the bittersweet experiences life has to offer. Despite my occasional rants, I do try to put my best foot forward in every endeavour. Doing so negates the likelihood of regret for not having tried hard enough.

At most times, having a good go means having to take a step out of one's comfort zone. For me, it means trying to be more patient, to be more understanding, to be more perceptive. I am one who likes fast results, quick resolutions, and sometimes it is wise to rein in these inherent attributes of mine. Having said that, I don't believe in sacrificing my beliefs and aspirations. I just believe in trying to strike a balance, so that the outcome is favourable to all, however challenging that may be. After all, who ever said good things come easy. So, step forward I shall, holding steadfastly to faith and a positive mindset.


Display of wedding photos by SA Wedding Studio, shot at Hyatt Regency Kuantan Resort, Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment