Thursday, March 22, 2012

Holidays

Whenever I meet any of my wedding industry colleagues after having not seen them for a while, they will inevitably either comment that I've been on quite a number of holidays lately or would ask where my next holiday destination would be. Facebook does spread news far and wide.

Some are happy for me whilst others may be a bit envious, the latter in a good way, not of the malicious kind. I am truly grateful for the opportunity to travel. I am grateful that I am of the means, that I can find some time from my hectic worklife, that I can rely on my team to back me up while I am away. To the uninitiated, I do work a little when on holiday and do not shut off completely. It is in my nature. In fact, I allocate two hours a day to attending to and answering emails. In that way, I will not be deluged when work resumes after a nice, relaxing break.

I have friends and colleagues who like to compare travel habits. Unless they are in the same position as I am in, such comparisons serve no purpose. You see, I run my own businesses which means I can take off whenever I want. I plot my holidays six months ahead and do not take appointments or jobs that clash with my holiday dates. I have no need to save for children's education. Whatever family commitments I have, be it immediate or extended, have been planned for at the onset of every year, in that I block dates where my attendance at family functions are obligatory, and this I do so gladly as family ties are of utmost importance. Suffice to say, I plan way ahead when it comes to trips. And the spontaneous ones that crop up from time to time are the icing on the cake. As for upcoming destinations? Well, you'll just have to keep up with me on Facebook, wouldn't you? And do plan a little holiday of your own too, you certainly deserve some rest and recreation as much as I do! Cheers!


A beach destination is upcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment