Friday, September 28, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

I am in major need of some pamper-ing. The past few weeks have been crazy at work. With it being the peak wedding season now, That Special Occasion has been a highly-strung workplace to say the least. My team and I are working at a frantic pace to complete gowns for photoshoots and weddings, and not to mention fielding appointments with brides-to-be planning for their nuptials end 2012 and early 2013. Add to that having to complete weddingsmalaysia 2013 for printing and you can imagine the stress levels I have been experiencing.

Suffice to say, I am not feeling 100%. I ain't ill but ain't in the best of shape either. I think all I need is a few days of good sleep and some pampering - reflexology, massage - to lift my spirits. Some lazing by the pool would help too; although I swim regularly, it's pretty much been lap after lap and then hitting the showers right after, with hardly any time to just chill poolside, a pastime I find most relaxing.

I am certain my colleagues in the wedding industry feel the same. It's basically back-to-back jobs this time of year. We shan't complain really, because it's good for business. We just need to learn to steal some time for forty winks, for a quick coffee, for a nice meal in a relaxing environment. Happy working everyone!


My cousins and I preparing for a massage in Hoi An, Vietnam earlier this year. Photo courtesy of Thoo Ai Peng.

No comments:

Post a Comment