Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Yay For Murray!

Yay for Murray! Finally a Grand Slam champion! After watching Andy Murray lose the past four Grand Slam finals he's been in, I am often hesitant to watch him play big matches. I did however witness him beat Federer to win Olympic gold and so I thought I'd catch the tail end of the US Open final against Djokovic this morning before heading to work. Maybe, just maybe I thought, this could be his chance. I'd say this win has been a long time coming.

I am very much a Nadal fan but there are a number of players who also deserve to win at least one Grand Slam tournament. David Ferrer for one. But Murray has been knocking on the door of such a triumph for so many years that I am sure many a tennis fan would be happy that he has finally succeeded in making the breakthrough. There will be, or shall I say, already are, superlatives in the British media and his countrymen and women must be very proud of their first Grand Slam champion in more than seven decades.

Lessons to be learnt? Initial failures can be the stepping stones to future success. Always strive to improve and be better. Learn to handle the pressure and thrive on it. Most importantly, have faith and belief. Well done Andy Murray. Here's to many more such milestones.


Andy Murray wins the 2012 US Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment