Sunday, September 16, 2012

Time Flies

Every now and then I find myself asking 'where did the time go?'. I was in Kota Kinabalu a few weeks ago, on a short holiday with a few of my friends from our days in uni. Here's a photo of me with Ken Lin and Ken Bin. We first met at Immanuel College where we did Year 12 and ended up going to uni together as well. We've been friends ever since. In fact, I was best man at both their weddings.

Now with two kids each, they are busy family men. I often find myself asking their children 'how old are you now?' whenever we meet. Their answers always scare the hell out of me. Time really flies.

Such encounters with the children also serve as a wake up call. I remind myself to work hard and play hard. I try not to put off doing enjoyable things, not to delay attaining aspirations. 'Time waits for no man' certainly rings true. So, go on that holiday. Take on that challenge that you have always wanted to tackle. Wear your heart out on your sleeve. That's right. Live life to the fullest.


Ken Lin, Ken Bin and I at Mount Kinabalu National Park, Sabah, Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment