Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Lesson


I recently posted a remark on Facebook that I had some-how learnt a lesson from a somewhat frivolous TV show. The post elicited a number of comments. Some were positive, others ridiculed my statement in jest, perhaps.
 
For the most part of the past year, I have had to summon quite a bit of patience on my part. It is certainly not a commodity I have in abundance, in fact, a good friend lamented that I may have used up two lifetimes' worth of patience, an observation which certainly holds some truth. Whether taking such a route - akin to sailing into unchartered waters when it comes to being patient - was worthwhile, is arguable. However, I am not one for regret. I appreciate the good, and accept the not so good as lessons in life. It added some dimension to my journey, that is certain.
 
So, what was the lesson I learnt from that particular TV show, some have asked. Well, it goes somewhat to the tune of when all that can be done has been done, and there is nothing more for one to do, then perhaps it is time to turn the page. And when one has done one's best, then there is no reason to look back on circumstances that one has no control over.
 
 
I appreciated Stockholm's serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment