Sunday, June 22, 2014

Dragon Boat Festival

The Wong side of my family recently got together for dinner to celebrate the Dragon Boat Festival. It is a tradition that we have upheld for as long as I can remember. Those of us in the Klang Valley make it a point to gather for a good meal and to catch up.
 
When my grandparents were still around, all such festivals will be celebrated on a big scale in terms of the food served. A minimum of 8 dishes would be on the menu. We still try to keep up, although sometimes what is served now may lack in a bit of sophistication when compared to before. Still, I can't complain since I don't cook. Instead, I appreciate and am grateful for the effort that my extended family makes.
 
There are a number of festivals to celebrate yet this year, and I certainly look forward to each of them.
 
 
Dinner during the Dragon Boat Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment