Saturday, June 21, 2014

C'est La Vie

I have lately found myself at a crossroads and once there, my instincts tend to lead me to a quick decision on which route to take. I am never one to spend too much time on weighing the pros and cons, or on the potential outcomes and consequences that my decision may result in. That has never been part of my character and it never will be. Whether rightly or wrongly, my innate trait of being decisive often makes the journey to come an exciting one, with the hope that it will be more of a pleasure rather than a challenge.
 
A friend I was having lunch with recently commented that I seem to move on rather quickly when a situation warrants it. I would have to agree. Life throws us curve balls, at times enticing us with the prospect of a promising endeavour and wonderful outcomes, while at other times disappointing us with circumstances that we all wish we never had to experience. C'est la vie seems to be the best attitude to adopt, with faith and hope our strongest allies.
 
I had the opportunity to re-connect in person with a friend of mine in Stockholm recently. At a café one evening, we had a chance to reminisce about the time we spent in Switzerland working a ski season and how our lives have evolved over the past two decades. We live in different parts of the world, work in different industries, he has two kids, I have no such responsibility, but as friends share some common interests. And of all the commonalities, the one that universally binds us all together is the desire to be happy. And for me, being happy means to always move forward, leaving the unpleasant behind, arms outstretched to welcome the good that is to come.
 
 
Cycling is very common in Stockholm, Sweden.

No comments:

Post a Comment