Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Grandma : 6th Anniversary

Today is the 6th anniversary of my paternal Grandma's passing. The extended family, those who are in town to be exact, gathered at the family home for dinner to celebrate her life.

My late father always reminded us that we must make a concerted effort to be present at all family gatherings. Auntie Anne emails a list of dates for such gatherings - festivals, commemorations - at the onset of every year and I mark them down in my diary. Seldom am I not present at these functions as I plan my schedule around these dates. The majority make the commitment but like in most families, there are those few who don't take it as seriously as they should. For the most part, there is no excuse really, since notice is given right at the start of a new year.

In any case, I suppose if I were to view it positively, less man more share when it comes to the food.


Painted photo of grandma in her more youthful days.

No comments:

Post a Comment