Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mother's Day

Suk Harn and I celebrated Mother's Day last Sunday with Mum with lunch at Reunion at Bangsar Village. I come from a large extended family and whilst big family gatherings to celebrate special occasions are always enjoyable, sometimes, it is nice to have a quiet celebration on a smaller scale.

With Mum's birthday coming up in a few weeks, I decided to do a double take on the celebrations. Unlike last year in Turkey, I did not go on a holiday for my birthday this time round. Instead I am using the funds to take Mum on a trip to Seoul. My mother is a die-hard fan of Korean dramas, so this would be an apt destination for a quick jaunt. Some sightseeing, some food, some shopping, meeting up with a friend or two. An easy-going trip I hope it will be.

Some friends have lamented the fact that I seem to be traveling almost every month this second half of the year. I reply with a response that I learnt from my friends Suan Bee and C Hun ... 'if not now, when?'.


Photo courtesy of my sister, Suk Harn.

No comments:

Post a Comment