Sunday, May 15, 2011

Throwing Caution To The Wind

I've been exercising quite regularly of late, a resolution for 2011 which I am still fulfilling. A few swims a week plus a session or two at the gym. The former I do pretty effortlessly since I have been swimming almost all my life, the latter a bit more of a challenge as I am rather not that disciplined when it comes to working out at the gym. Still, a recent medical check-up turned out pretty ok, which means I am doing relatively well.

My friend and financial planner Doris recently treated me to dinner, a belated birthday celebration at La Risata in Ampang Hilir and boy did I indulge. Garlic bread, pizza, spaghetti with lobster and creme brulee all in one sitting. Sometimes, it's good to throw caution to the wind and just go for it. What is life without some indulgence every now and then. I of course had to make up for it the following day with more swimming instead of lunch but hey, there are always consequences to one's actions, good or bad.

Throwing caution to the wind. That's something that I seem to be doing a lot of lately. I notice it in some aspects of my life, I intend to expand it to all areas of life. Embracing what life offers, taking chances. The motto 'no venture, no gain' seems to be a calling.


Photo of part of my meal at La Risata recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment