Monday, May 2, 2011

Birthday 2011

A friend, Celia from Spain, reminded me on Facebook that I was in Turkey last year for my birthday. We met on a tour to Aspendos, near Antalya, on the Mediterranean coast of Turkey. I was supposed to be in Shanghai this time round but plans fell through. I suppose it is a blessing in disguise as I have another plan up my sleeve for next month. It's meant to be a surprise. So we shall wait and see.

I started today doing the morning news at RTM and then headed straight for a swim. Other than training for the swimming leg of the Bali Triathlon relay end of June, I am also working to be fit enough for a project involving my photographer friends Peter and Evelyn. The latter is another one of my self-motivation endeavours which for now shall remain private too. Next up was shopping for our Nepal trip in September with my cousin Lynette. Who would believe we could spend almost two hours just getting the basics. It is good that we are starting early. I gather I will need much preparation for this particular trip. I am not one who usually roughs it out on holiday, so it will certainly be an adventure. A nice dim sum lunch resolved our hunger pangs after the shopping.

A much needed nap later, Mum, Suk Harn and I headed out to Siang Lin's advanced birthday and thanksgiving party. It was great catching up with a number of friends whom I have not seen in quite a while, particularly those from the advertising industry. My birthday and Siang Lin's are only two days apart, and since today is actually my birthday, I got a cake and a song too, despite my telling her earlier that it was not necessary in view of the fact that the event was much more of a thanksgiving party on her behalf. All in all a pretty fab day I would say.


Photo of me enjoying a birthday lunch on a beautiful spring day in Istanbul last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment