Thursday, July 28, 2011

Surprise Birthday Trip

I am always game for a surprise and it is pretty rewarding when the surprise comes good. My cousin Siew Yoong was celebrating a birthday and her hubby San had planned for some of us to show up in Bangkok to celebrate.

Siew Yoong and I practically grew up together during our childhood and we've remained close over the years, despite us living in different countries for the past two and a half decades or so. We were in fact competing against one another during the swim leg of the Bali Triathlon in June but there was no talk about this trip to Bangkok; I made sure that I would not be the one to let the cat out of the bag if it ever were to happen.

The long weekend in Bangkok was great. Good company, good food, group activities, some shopping, massages. I designed Siew Yoong a cocktail dress as a gift and was pleasantly surprised that it fit almost perfectly; for this I have to thank San for the size measurements he scoured from her closet. In return, I got a little surprise myself. Siew Yoong set me up for a session at Elemis Spa at The St. Regis Bangkok on the last night of our trip. Certainly a wonderful, relaxing way to end an enjoyable holiday. Thanks San for the invite and planning!


Photo shot at Erawan Tea Room in Bangkok, Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment