Monday, September 27, 2010

Pre-Wedding : Leticia & Tjun Hong

This photo was taken on Friday, 16 October 2009, the day Leticia and Tjun Hong legally became husband and wife (you can read about it here). I was really honoured to have been invited to the ROM lunch then and am again honoured to have been invited to Bali for the wedding next month.

A year has passed since that fateful day and I am grateful to have been part of the wedding plans of these good friends of mine. The bride has even given me permission to slap her if she becomes too much of a bridezilla, and I say this with much love! Being a wedding planner herself, Leticia is one for perfection, well, as perfect as one can get to I suppose. I designed her wedding gown, as I did for our other good friend Eileen last year, though they are polar opposites when it comes to what they want (yes, you can read about it here). For Leticia, let's just say I did what I was told, she's that adamant, and even I have to admit that the gown turned out really well, though I did have my reservations at the onset about whether the design would be suitable for a beach wedding in Bali. Now, I love it and I can't wait for the reaction of all the wedding guests when they see her in it. I also did the bridesmaids' dresses, a pocket square for the bridesman (you did not read wrong!), altered both fathers' shirts to fit better, as well as designed outfits for the mothers, not to mention attire for industry friends who've been invited to the bash too. That's a whole lot of work, and that's not counting the bride's additional outfits. Having said that, it was a total pleasure, and I am not saying that just because that's what one does for good friends. Ask Debra about the invites and I am sure she will say the same (that in itself warrants a post as long as this).

This is by far one of the most enthusiastic weddings I've been involved in. There's the wedding proper in Bali, and there's the bigger bash back home later. And boy, do Leticia and Tjun Hong know how to get us all excited. We have received in total, 6 newsletters leading up to the big day, keeping us informed of developments and whetting our appetites for what is to come. For now, our attention is all focused on Bali (read Eileen's take here). Thanks to Richard, our itinerary (by our, I mean Richard, Eileen, Debra and I) for our pre and post wedding holiday is all set, thanks to Leticia, our spa sessions are all booked, pre-thanks to Jim in the hope that he'll capture some great shots of us and not only the bride and groom (since we've made a huge effort to dress according to the theme!). To Shirlyn and Leonard, good luck to the both of you when we land in Bali, you'll both be responsible for perfection to say the least! And Shirlyn, we have received strict instructions to refer to you for all our needs haha! And to Cindy, just make Leticia look beautiful and all will be good!

When all is said and done, I am writing this post purely because I know Leticia and Tjun Hong will appreciate it, in particular Leticia. She is one sentimental person, much like me. I will not be surprised if she prints this out and files it in her scrapbook. Then years down the road, she may just whip it out when we're all having one of our 'makans' and we can have a good laugh.

For now, here are some thoughts of the bride herself, and yes, I do have to remember to bring along the customised passport the soon-to-be-weds designed and printed for every guest, now that's what I call making sure your guests are well prepared and taken care of.

Leticia's thoughts :






Photo shot at The Dining Room of Carcosa Seri Negara in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

1 comment: