Saturday, October 17, 2009

ROM Celebration

I attended the ROM wedding lunch of 2 good friends yesterday at The Dining Room of Carcosa Seri Negara. Departing from the norm, it was a small and intimate gathering of 17 people over good food and great company. A few things struck me.

Firstly, I was very honoured to be the select few who were invited. I think this speaks volumes of our friendship which I hope will be further strengthened over time. Secondly, the bridesman’s toast (no, you did not read wrong, the bride had a bridesman and 2 bridesmaids). In a nutshell, he spoke of how the newlyweds had met 17 years ago in high school and how he had waited for this day to finally arrive, and in the process took a swipe at all those cynics and skeptics; that true love does exist and a long-lasting relationship isn’t that difficult to commit to if taken seriously.

And finally, I believe all those who were so lucky to be present would have left with one thought in mind, that love is indeed something to be cherished for those coupled, and love is indeed something to look forward to for the singletons. Much congratulations to the new Mr and Mrs Loh. Can't wait for the wedding celebrations next year!


Photo of my place card and menu.

1 comment:

  1. Love the write up ... Yes it really as a superb lunch for great food and good friends

    ReplyDelete