Thursday, November 11, 2010

Doors And Windows

I don't watch that much TV. Correction, I don't watch that much TV on TV. I watch some online. Grey's Anatomy. Brothers and Sisters. 24. Britain's Got Talent. The X Factor. Small Space Big Style.

It's funny sometimes what one can learn from watching such shows. Sure, it's entertainment, but when one can relate to the dialogue, that's when one gets hooked, that's when I reflect at the end of that particular episode.

Here's what I learnt very recently ... when a door is slightly ajar, perhaps we should open it fully; when there is a window in a room, let's look out and see what the world has to offer; when someone comes through the door, pay adequate attention; leaving the curtains drawn means that we don't get the opportunity to look through the window; sometimes we should close the door to a chapter in our lives and at other times walk through the door into the unknown; open the window and breathe in fresh perspectives. Valuable lessons indeed. Now to put them into practice.


A quote I shot from a wall in Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment