Monday, November 15, 2010

Hope And Faith

A friend was lamenting the lack of success in finding love despite having tried very hard. Having seen so many other friends happily coupled, it has been rather disheartening for this friend of mine. More so when it seemed so easy for those who are married or in long term relationships.

Well, I am certainly not qualified to give advice in matters of the heart. So all I could muster was 'it'll happen when it happens'. Not that comforting words I must say. But I definitely do believe in fate and I suppose that response was based on this belief.

I also feel that while trying is important, trying too hard may be counterproductive too. I would think that it is necessary to be aware and sensitive to one's surrounds, and when an opportunity does appear, then act on it. Of course, this is easier said than done most of the time. To my friend, I would just say this, keep the faith. Hope is what keeps us going. And when fate finally does deal its hand, I hope that it will be a card of hearts.


Photo shot at Ku De Ta in Bali, Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment