Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Integrity

We, well most of us anyway, look for meaning in the work we do. It is so important to have fulfillment and personal satisfaction in our careers. Many would know that I do a lot of different things when it comes to work. I am a publisher, editor, designer, news presenter. Each offers me a different perspective, different challenges.

Relationships are also crucial in our careers. Some are purely business related, others are more personal in nature. I tend to associate with people who are like-minded. Colleagues and friends who are just as motivated as I am, who set high standards for themselves, who appreciate the hard work put into the creative process, who always aspire to seek knowledge so as to become better, who strive to do the best that they can, and most of all, who value integrity. Granted, I can be difficult at times, but aren't creative people allowed some leeway? Of course, not everyone shares the same values, and we will certainly come across those who do not subscribe to what we hold dear. It is really not something that we have control over, so I suppose the best thing to do is to remain cordial and move on.

I keep reminding myself that the ultimate goal is to enjoy one's work. Some days may be more disappointing than others but on the whole, I think I'm doing fine. My motto for 2011? Work to travel! I am hoping for a trip every two months. That's a huge goal to achieve and I shall definitely work towards that. Enjoy, that's what I intend to do.


Photo shot in Kuching recently, courtesy of ShenSnaps Photography.

2 comments:

  1. Is Sabah in your travel list for year 2011?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps so. Will keep you posted Jasmine!

    ReplyDelete