Friday, April 22, 2011

Balanced Diet

I am trying my best to have a balanced diet and it is definitely a chore, albeit a necessary one. I am instinct-ively an unhealthy eater. I love decadent desserts, I love fastfood, I love super sweet teh tarik, my favourite style of cooking is deep frying, I like my food salty, I am not a fan of plain water, I don't fancy anything wholemeal, I love to eat out, you get the picture.

For the past year or so however, I have been making a concerted effort to be a bit more health-conscious food-wise. I am not extremely disciplined but I gather a bit of effort is better than none at all. And most regrettably, I have given up my all time favourite drink, Coke! It used to be a staple for me but it has now been relegated to once in a blue moon. Sigh.

Add to such an effort some regular swimming and I guess I am doing pretty alright. But one thing's for sure, I am always looking for an excuse to reward myself. Rewarding oneself, isn't that what the good life is all about?


New Year's Eve BBQ at my friend Bunny's.

No comments:

Post a Comment