Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal Wedding

I heard that some wedding industry colleagues declared a half day holiday yesterday so that they could all head home to watch the Royal Wedding. I didn't go as far as that but did leave work early and just made it in time to catch Kate Middleton enroute to Westminster Abbey. I remember watching Diana's and Charles' wedding as a child and now years later, I just had to do a post about Kate's and William's wedding.

Right after the ceremony, I texted my cousin Kiat Ken and asked if he was in the crowd. I received a call from him soon enough telling me that like us, he was watching from the comforts of home with another cousin of mine Lye Synn who has in London on holiday. He was much amused when I told him that my mum had been watching the proceedings since noon and it was now almost 8pm.

In the line of work that I am in, and I believe I speak for the majority of my industry friends as well, we relish such opportunities to witness these historic occasions that are filled with pomp and pageantry. They inspire us, they validate the work we do. And it is good for business that's for sure. So congratulations William and Kate. Here's a toast to you.


Photo of the British royals.

No comments:

Post a Comment