Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Discipline

I am disciplined in many areas of my life but exercise is not one of them. I am not one of those who get a high after working out at the gym. In fact, I have to force myself to hit the gym at least twice a week. Swimming is a bit easier, likely due to the fact that I have been swimming all my life, and because I can work on my tan haha! So I pair the gym sessions with 2 swims a week.

I seem to be a bit more motivated after my recent Bali trip. Having eaten like a glutton while on holiday, it's time to get back into shape. An impending holiday is also a motivational factor - I plan to hit a number of beaches. The vanity in me insists that I look reasonably fit when I do so. So much to achieve, so little time.

I just went for a 30-lap swim during lunch. But alas, promptly had pizza for lunch after that. My superfit friend Eileen, if she were in KL, would have given me a slap. Fortunately, she's thousands of miles away in Cambodia but am sure I'll get an earful via Facebook. For now, it's back to work, need to close some deals for some pocket money on next holiday!


Photo of pool and breakfast pavilion at Ubud Inn in Bali, Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment