Friday, March 12, 2010

Accommodation

An acquaintance of mine recently remarked how lucky I was to have been able to stay at luxury resorts during my recent holiday. Yes, I am pretty lucky. There are some perks that I enjoy in my line of work. But such opportunities do not always arise every time I travel. In fact, more often than not, I put up in mid-range boutique properties when on holiday. Places that are stylish, small in size, hotels that have character and are relatively affordable. All I really need is a comfortable room with a clean bathroom.

Having said that, there are times when the heavens smile down on me and provide me with a chance to experience the trappings of luxury. I don't take these stays for granted. I am thankful and I make the most out of the experience, one that comes once in a while.

Suffice to say, that for me, it really is the journey that matters, not so much the accommodation. Whether luxury, affordable or inexpensive, the important thing to remember is how lucky one is to be on holiday. That is what counts the most!


Photo shot at The Bale in Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment