Saturday, March 27, 2010

Glutton

I am in Penang this weekend for a wedding fair at Traders Hotel Penang. Barely 6 hours after having set foot in Penang, I have had my share of the following - satay, fried chicken wings, grilled prawns and baked crabs at Tanjung Tokong, prawn mee and char kway teow at New Lane.

Most satisfying though was the 'tong yuen' from the sidewalk stall diagonally opposite Traders on Jalan Magazine. I have been to events at Traders for the past 3 years but never got the opportunity to try the dessert as the stall was closed each time. I was in luck this evening! 'Hoe Hock Tien Tang Yen' is the name of the stall, it even has a website!

I shall be working at the wedding fair the entire day tomorrow. Come evening, more food will be in store.


Photo of 'tong yuen' dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment