Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Listen

I get paid relatively good money for what I do, be it in publishing wedding magazines or designing wedding attire. We offer a personalised, niche product and service, and I'd like to think that my industry colleagues and I know a thing or two about weddings. We do not profess to know it all but for those of us who have been in this industry for quite a number of years, we can be certain of what works and what doesn't.

Which begs the question ... why would some clients pay you good money and then not listen to your advice? Every once in a while we come across clients who think they know best. They originally appointed us because of our expertise, knowledge and experience but end up wanting things their way, some of which granted, are good ideas whilst others are just plain ridiculous.

This is my tenth year in the industry and I've come to the conclusion that it is not worth one's while banging one's head against the wall. I will continue to do what is right but if certain clients decide to go their own way, well good luck to them. Enough said.


Cindy in a simple and beautiful lace gown I designed, if I may say so myself! Photo courtesy of Covershots.

2 comments:

  1. Kris,i knew you are the right person to handle all my wedding attires since the very first day i entrusted you for my ROM dress.You are simply the best!

    ReplyDelete