Friday, December 24, 2010

Saigon On Christmas Eve

To say that it was an experience is an under-statement. I was told beforehand that Christmas Eve in Saigon could get pretty crazy. Well, I suppose the photo says it all!

It was truly a bit overwhelming being crushed in a crowd of Vietnamese and tourists alike. The photo was shot slightly after 9.00pm in the vicinity of Lam Son Park, somewhere between the Caravelle and Rex hotels as we made our way back to our hotel on foot. I had had dinner at Vietnam House on Dong Khoi before heading to the rooftop bar of the Caravelle Hotel and decided to head back as the crowd swelled.

On hindsight, it is ironic that I would get packed like sardines as I don't even bother heading into town for such celebrations when in KL. I suppose this is what holidays are all about - new experiences. Merry Christmas everyone!


Photo of a sea of people at Lam Son Park in Saigon, Vietnam.

2 comments: