Sunday, December 12, 2010

Variety

I often get asked why I do so many things. Be it work, leisure or my personal life, I seem to pack a lot into a day. Perhaps it is some form of escapism. I suppose if I were to go to a shrink, he or she may be able to pin point my necessity to always be on the go. Don't get me wrong, I can certainly spend a day lazing by the beach or pool doing nothing, but I seem to be always on the lookout for new experiences, new challenges to conquer, new paths to venture into.

Variety is the spice of life. I suppose that sums it up. I have been very lucky and fortunate in some aspects of life, not so in others. In that respect, there is still much to improve on, many more aspirations to fulfill. That's what keeps me motivated and looking toward the future.

This time of year always gets me into a reflective mood. I look back at what I have achieved in the past year, what I could have done better. More importantly, I look forward to embracing the new year and the potential it offers. To have a greater variety of experiences, to fill in the missing links, to complete the jigsaw puzzle with the missing pieces so to speak.


Being interviewed by Patrick Low and Jason Victor during the first Photographers' Chillout in November; photo courtesy of CK San Photography.

1 comment: