Friday, December 31, 2010

Thanks 2010

2010 has been a year that made me realise the important things in life. I lost my father in January to cancer and his passing reinforced some of the lessons he taught me - the importance of family ties and kinship, integrity and to live my life as I deem fit as long as I am happy.

2010 has also been one where I have traveled much. Bali twice! Hong Kong, Singapore, Penang, Kuching, Ho Chi Minh City and the most significant, my solo trip to Turkey for my birthday. To see the world is something I always find inspiring and I hope to see more in the year ahead.

2010 also made me understand that some friends are more worth having than others. I appreciate the good ones, and I will certainly discard the ones that have done me wrong. It's the time of year to say 'good riddance to bad rubbish' and to be truly thankful for those in my inner circle who accept me for who I am and who put up with my nonsense.

2010 has made me a stronger person, one who faces challenges head on, who embraces the opportunities to scale new heights, who relishes new experiences, who tries a little harder to find the missing pieces in life.

2010 has been a milestone in more ways than one. Thanks for the good times and the not so good.

2011 beckons!


Photo of Suk Harn, mum and I at Pho 2000 in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam over the Christmas holidays.

1 comment: