Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chymes

C Hun, Desmond and Suan Bee are friends of mine from the wedding industry. Together with Kevan, they've recently realised their dream of opening a boutique bed and breakfast. It's called Chymes and is located in Tanjung Bungah, Penang.

I had the good fortune of being invited to stay whilst I was up in Penang for an event this past weekend. I run out of adjectives to describe the place ..... cosy, intimate, creative, chic, quirky, homely. I like the deft touches like the cookies, the mint pillow, the lamps, the rainshower. There are some rough edges but what's there to complain, they've only just opened, so there's much time for further improvements. I for one am looking forward to the path towards the beach!

I could sit the whole day working on the verandah and it would be bliss.


Photo of C Hun, Kevan, Desmond and Suan Bee in The Living Room at Chymes.

1 comment:

  1. Am going to check it out during the school hols! Will be asking you for advice soon on where to go to eat and eat and eat.

    ReplyDelete