Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Common Courtesy

Today is one of those days where I find myself asking 'What has happened to common courtesy?' And to be blatantly blunt, I am extremely frustrated. I fail to understand why some people find it so difficult to respect deadlines and respond to reasonable requests in a timely fashion. Many of us claim to be professionals in what we do, and see ourselves as individuals with integrity in our dealings with family, friends and workmates. But really, how many of us live up to such lofty standards that we set ourselves? Granted, no one is perfect, trying hard however, makes up for the imperfection, and I truly hold such persons in high regard. The lackadaisical are the ones that get on one's nerves, mine in particular. Patience is not one of my virtues. At some point, a certain straw will break the camel's back, and when that happens, all hell will break loose.

To counter such negativity, it is once again time to think happy thoughts. Spending time with cousins whom I grew up with on a holiday in Langkawi last July is one such thought. I could do with another get-together like the one in the photo soon!


Photo shot at Frangipani Langkawi Beach Resort & Spa.

4 comments:

  1. are they all your cousins? One of them look so familiar - could be a fellow cyclist next to Suk Harn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one next to Suk Harn, the lady carrying the baby and the one on the far right are my cousins and are siblings. doubt my cousin is your fellow cyclist since he is in london haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the other two are their spouses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. common courtesy seems not only to be lacking in work ethics. overall i find its doesn't seem to be in the equation at all in everyday life for our society. its like just look out for yourself and don't give a rat's ass about anyone else.

    ReplyDelete