Monday, July 20, 2009

Fate Deals A Hand

Things happen for a reason I believe. There are times when fate deals a hand that results in us finding ourselves in the most unusual of circumstances. When this occurs, we really hope that we end up in good circumstances rather than the opposite.

A case in point ... Ms Chew, I like to call her our 'Group Finance Director' (although we can't afford to pay her a sum that stands up to the title), has been a good friend since my days at Limkokwing Integrated, and has been our accountant from the day we started our first company, That Special Occasion, who now also helps us out with weddingsmalaysia. Then there's Patrick, a uni-mate of mine, who over the course of coffee with Elyse (another uni-mate of ours) and I after an alumni function, ended up taking charge of the Chinese edition of our weddingsmalaysia publication. Who would think that 2 individuals from different parts of my life, with no experience in the wedding industry initially, who eventually met whilst working with me, would then become business partners in a wedding-related company? It has happened, and I am truly excited for them.

It is never easy starting a new business venture, more so now in our troubled economic times. But their newly-formed outfit - Budget Brides - I feel, will be well received, in particular amongst those who have smaller wedding budgets. The concept is a solid one, the motivation is at an all time high. The challenge really is to put the idea in motion and get it off to a good start.

Bonne chance Ms Chew and Patrick! I'll be there to lend a hand when you call.


Photo courtesy of Budget Brides.

No comments:

Post a Comment