Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Reminiscing

I am often deluged by work ... ok, I am always deluged by work. For the most part it is by choice, at least subconsciously. I seem to go from project to project, bringing to fruition the many inspiring ideas that constantly come to mind. Thing is, I hate to see a good idea go to waste, which is why I keep striving to make good the brainwaves that I get so very often.

There are times however when I just need to rest this brain of mine, and funnily enough, these are also the times when I find myself being nostalgic, reflective, even melancholic. I tend to reminisce a lot when I am not on the go. Tender moments, thrilling escapades, moving encounters, all these experiences make up who we are. I am truly fond of re-living these memories, be it the good or the not-so-good, for they remind me that life is not all about work.

The photo that accompanies this post brings back wonderful memories of a carefree day in April 2008. How often do members of 3 different wedding-related companies - That Special Occasion, Pretty In White and Louis Pang Studio - get to spend a day together on a beautiful island, off the coast of Sabah? Not very often let me tell you. That's why I reminisce...


Photo shot by a stranger on Manukan Island in Sabah.

2 comments:

  1. Then my friend, it's time for us to organize another carefree-day event soon!

    ReplyDelete